Treatment of dogs for fleas and ticks
Treatment of dogs from ectoparasites is a mandatory measure designed to protect the pet's health. Bites of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes not only bring discomfort to the animal, but also…

Continue reading →

10 steps to successful dog rearing
How to educate a dog and teach it to the main teams? - This question is asked by each responsible owner. But before you go directly to the training and…

Continue reading →

How to help the dog in the heat?
Summer is good, especially when there is a lake or a river nearby. But in big cities it is more difficult to endure the heat, and not only we suffer…

Continue reading →

Why does a dog gnaw things?

Not to love dogs is very difficult, but many are hesitant to start these wonderful pets due to a number of reasons. So, they require a lot of attention and you need to walk with them in any weather. In addition, with the advent of the four-legged household, the safety of furniture and personal belongings is being questioned. However, such seemingly difficult at first glance moments can be easily solved thanks to a competent approach.
Pet gnawed new shoes or leg chair? Spoiled the sofa? Such stories are not uncommon. Why does a dog gnaw things and how to wean it from it?
In most cases, such destructive behavior is explained by banal boredom. Many suffer loneliness. Forced for a long time to be in the apartment without the attention of the owner, the dogs entertain themselves. So how to chew for them is a natural need, the pet goes in search. If there are no special toys in your house, is it surprising that slippers and appetizing armrests of chairs are used? Wean the dog to gnaw things, you can use a few toys, and active walks and proper education in 99% of cases solve the problem of furniture damage. The remaining 1% is associated with various ailments of the body and behavioral disorders, which occurs far less frequently.
Consider the main reasons why a dog nibbles.
Longing for the owner, stress.
Left alone, the pet begins to miss and miss the owner. Interesting items that you can nibble, help brighten up the waiting time and cope with stress.
The lack of physical and intellectual loads.
If the dog does not have time to throw out energy for a walk and how to play enough, she will continue this occupation at home. Moving animals love to play, solve puzzles, crack various objects, etc. Pet will try to fill the lack of activity at home – perhaps with the help of your shoes!
Change teeth.
During this period, the gums of the puppies ache and ache. Trying to cope with discomfort, the pet seeks to “scratch” them and begins to gnaw things that fall in its path. The responsible owner must approach this difficult period with understanding and provide the child with special toys.
Why does a dog nibble things
Growing up.
Puppies and teenagers can nibble everything around, because in this way they know the world around them. In order to characterize this or that object, the dog seeks to sniff, lick it and bite as much as possible. As a rule, from the age of six months, excessive interest in surrounding objects subsides.
Health problems, vitamin deficiency.
In some cases, the dog gnaws things and strikes the owners with strange taste preferences due to health problems. Infection with worms or abdominal pain causes the puppy to swallow objects (for example, toilet paper) containing cellulose, in order to cause belching. Under natural conditions, grass is an alternative to such items. Indigestion, weak intestinal microflora can lead to the fact that the dog begins to nibble and there are completely unsuitable items: wallpaper, earth, stones, waste, etc. Such behavior should alert the owners and cause a prompt appeal to the veterinarian.
In general, weaning a dog to gnaw things with the right approach is not at all difficult.

How to choose a toy for a dog?
In one of our articles we said why dogs need toys. The more toys a pet has, the happier it is. However, it is not enough to purchase several different…

...

Puppy castration
Pet castration is still a controversial topic, despite its obvious advantages. In our article we will talk about what this operation is, whether you need to unsex the puppy and…

...

Game method of dog training
Dog training is a responsible process that requires certain knowledge and training. The effectiveness of training directly depends on the correctness of the approach, on the master's ability to interest…

...